Think actively about being as active as possible!
Although different and less influential than exercise, activity is a very important foundation that builds fitness fundamentals and increases daily well-being; improving mood, muscle strength, and mobility!
Aim: To do at least 3 HOURS PER WEEK. This can include your exercise regime.
These should be integrated into your daily life as much as possible; especially if you’re not a fan of exercise!
General activities include:
- Walking. Gardening. House work. Shopping. General errands.
- Keep you head up: An upright posture is good for the body and frame of mind.
- Every step is a success: Use every step as a visual for going in the right direction: Onward and upwards.
- Broaden the mind: Walk different routes and do different things; the same makes us insane!
- Speed up: Integrate faster intervals of walking into a long duration, or do a short brisk walk for 20-30 mins. It’s as effective as a jog!
- Find the sun: Vitamin D makes us happier and healthier!
|AIM||Be active 5 days a week by making the right choices to move your body as much as possible.|
|FREQUENCY||As often as you feel capable.|
|INTENSITY||Easy (heart rate will be elevated very slightly in comparison to being sedentary) R.P.E: 9-11|
|TYPE||Any activity which gets you moving|
Take a look at our EXAMPLE ROUTINE